MFHA Foundation Benefit Field Hunter Trials 2017
Puppy Show Photos 2017
Green Spring had an informal Puppy Show Sept 9th with our new huntsman, Ashley Hubbard, and his professional whip, newly-returned Tim Michel, aided by kennelman Klaus Lygren. The idea behind the Puppy Show is to introduce the puppies who will be entered this season to the show ring and to get another perspective on their conformation. Thank you to this year's judges Geoff Hyde (Elkridge-Harford) & Dan O'Toole (Mt. Carmel). While all the hounds looked great, the winner of the dogs was Naylor and of the bitches, Playgirl. Look for these puppies and others to shine at the upcoming hound shows!
2017 Puppy Show
Point to Point
Green Spring Valley Hounds' Point-to-Point
Saturday, March 31, 2018
Photo by Lydia Williams
Thank you to everyone who came out and made the day such a success!
Juniors Meet 2015
Blessing of the Hounds
Blessing of the Hounds 2015
Cubbing Q & A
Q: What is the difference between hound exercise and cubbing?
A: This is the time where all the preparation starts to come together; hounds are fit and the young entry have been exposed to everything they might encounter out hunting. Up to this point, we have spent our time keeping the curiosity in check and trying to maintain a level of calm; and finally the day comes where everything changes. Now we expect them to almost do the opposite of what we have been doing throughout hound exercise. As you can imagine, this could be a little confusing to a young hound.
Pony Camp Art Gallery
Pony Camp teams faced off in an art contest in which they had to color their horse, create a narrative and present it to the group. Their efforts are below, with "Pants on Fire" the winning entry.
Pants on Fire.jpg
Buddy and Hounds by Isabella Weaver.jpg
Pony Camp Recap
A huge round of applause and debt of gratitude to all those who made this year’s Pony Camp a resounding success, notably Amy Fenwick, Director, Kerry Morton, Asst. Director, and Danielle Oster, Treasurer
Photography by Carol Fenwick
- Carol Fenwick has created a dedicated GSVH Pony Camp Facebook page covering the years 2011 to the present.
- 38 campers, from six different hunts:
- Green Spring
- Elkridge Harford
- Mount Carmel
- Mr. Stewart's Cheshire Foxhounds
- Orange County
It couldn’t happen without them:
- 6 Maryland Hunt Cup winners
- Multiple Steeplechase Trainers and Riders
- Multiple Landowners involved who graciously open their property, hosted events, and offered their pools
- Member Involvement – Ned Halle, Stewart and Bonnie Rosenberg, Andrew Barclay among others
- Staff – Ashley, Tim, Klauss were helpful and enthusiastic: culminating in a successful Hound Show
- Donations were received from multiple members as well as the Maryland Hunt Cup, and Grand National Steeplechase
Another very successful year in funds, health and promotion of GSVH.
Green Spring Hounds Pony Club News
Part of the recently-completed Long Range Plan for GSVHC includes strengthening the long-time bond between the hunt club and its namesake Pony Club. Following is a recap of the Pony Club Spring activities: